What are Full Denture Implants?
Full mouth dental implants are a lifesaver if you find yourself missing most of your natural teeth. While there are other alternatives like traditional dentures or bridges that can serve as replacement teeth, implant supported dentures serve as a replacement for your natural teeth and their roots.
The advantages of implant supported dentures do not stop there; these devices offer many other benefits including the following:
- Full denture implants look and function just like real teeth.
- These devices are more stable and comfortable than traditional dentures which tend to slip in the wearer’s mouth.
- Implants supported dentures are a permanent solution that can last over 15 years.
- Traditional dentures only last about five years.
- Implant dentures allow the wearer to enjoy all of their favorite foods.
- It is easier to speak with implant supported dentures.
- Implant dentures replace missing teeth roots.
- These prosthetics help to prevent bone tissue loss; this prevents alterations to the wearer’s facial appearance.
- Implant supported dentures are easier to maintain.
What to expect when getting full denture implants
The dentist will determine if a patient is eligible for full denture implants if they are the first step is surgically installing the metal rods or screws into the patient’s jawbone. The patient is then given up to seven months for the implant to fuse with the surrounding bone tissue properly. This is known as osseointegration. A temporary prosthetic might be placed on the implants while they merge with the bone tissue.
Once the implant is fully secure, dentures are permanently attached to them. This instantly restores the patient’s smile and allows them to go about like they never lost their real teeth in the first place. Following the installation, the patient does not have to do much besides taking care of the prosthetic just like one would take care of natural teeth.
The dentures that are placed on the implants are customized especially for each patient. This ensures a proper and comfortable fit.
Reasons why people opt for implant supported dentures
Full denture implants are becoming increasingly popular because of the many disadvantages associated with traditional dentures. Traditional dentures have been the most popular dental prosthetic over the years, but this is primarily because of how affordable these devices are. Besides the economical prices of dentures and the fact it does serve as a replacement for missing teeth, there is not much to like about them.
Some of the most significant disadvantages if traditional dentures include:
- The device is continually moving in the patient’s mouth.
- It can be quite uncomfortable to wear.
- Dentures often create sores in the patient’s mouth.
- Patients cannot eat certain foods when wearing dentures.
- Traditional dentures do not do anything to address the bone tissue loss that is often associated with missing teeth.
- Traditional dentures come with time-consuming maintenance requirements.
- The wearer is continuously worried about the prosthetic falling out.
Wondering if implant supported dentures are an excellent option for you? Schedule a consultation with one of our dentists today!
Here’s what you need
For more information or to schedule an appointment with Preferred Dental Center, request an appointment in our San Antonio dental office here: https://www.preferreddentalcenter.com. Or call us at (210) 822-8500.